Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Some mountain time

Hubby is off this weekend and honestly, I just was too tired (again) yesterday to drive up to the horse ranch.  And, it looks like today we are heading over to Joshua Tree National Park.  I DID take a drive up to the pinyon forest Friday afternoon, after school.  I raced home, grabbed my cameras, and out I went for a drive.  Hubby wasn't home yet and it was a windy afternoon.  Clouds were spilling over the mountains and I wanted to get some photos of the newly-dropped snow up on them before it melted.  So, off I went.  Unfortunately, I only had a light jacket on and when I stepped out of the car, it was DARN COLD!  The wind was coming off the snow-decorated mountains and the wind just cut right through my jacket, so I didn't stay long.  But, even that 45 minutes was a welcome relief!  I may try to do that from now on on Friday afternoons!   :-)


1 comment:

lisa said...

I have the horses in my back yard and I feel horrible for not doing much during the winter months. I hate the cold and I really don't want to do much in the winter months. It is a good thing that I am not a rancher! I would probably freeze to death! Great pictures!