Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

SOMETHING is on the loose!

So, I was reading the Anza bulletin board on Facebook last night.  Seems there is something BIG and BLACK on the loose.  One gal stopped to measure some footprints that she thought were from a big cat. The footprints were 4 inches across.  However, they could have been from a large dog.  I'm not really sure if they are from a feline or a canine.  I'm thinking canine because the paw prints seem too close together.  Anyway, somebody estimated it to be about 30 pounds.  I have two large male cats and one of them only weighs 16 pounds, so 30 is double their size...Anyway, they were all a twitter about it possibly being a jaguar...I'll let you decide...the controversy continues.

No comments: