Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, February 27, 2012

A tribute to fallen riders~San Juan Capistrano

I was surprised to see this tribute to fallen riders at mission San Juan Capistrano last weekend.  It's right next to the entrance of the mission.  There are quite a few names on it, including a former mayor of Palm Springs.  I think it is a nice gesture, don't you?

1 comment:

Once Upon an Equine said...

That's a beautiful statue. Must be some good horse country around there. I've only passed through SJC briefly. I have friends and family nearby and hope to visit in the next year or two. I'll look for that statue when I do.