Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Mt. San Jacinto and ranch gate

I went driving out through another area of horse ranches last weekend since we had our family brunch.  The brother-in-law was in town, down from Gardnerville, and after our delightful breakfast, I drove out through the Indio Hills and Sky Valley.  I haven't been out this way for 6 months or so and the sun was setting quickly, but I managed to get some sunset pictures.  Along the road, a pack of coyotes was singing.  That's a sound we used to hear near our home, but with all the housing developments, we don't hear them anymore.  We also don't hear the trains running out along Interstate 10 either, which is a sound I miss.  Just too much darn development.

No comments: