Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Burgers to go!!!


Friday was our LONG day. We stayed in Ridgecrest, drove to Lone Pine and the Alabama Hills, ate breakfast in Lone Pine, then drove up to North and South Lake in Bishop. Then we drove out to Rovana and the packing camp. On our way back through Lone Pine, late in the afternoon, we realized that the crowds were there for the Lone Pine movie festival, a three day event. There were several mounted police patrols. Two of them were at the post office, and these two were in the take out line at McDonalds! Hey, when you're hungry, you gotta do what ya gotta do!

8 comments:

~JarieLyn~ said...

My husband just asked me what I was chuckling about. I had to show him your photos and explain the post. Very cool.

Gail said...

Sounds like loads of fun.

I have a local horse trainer that rides his trainees through town and always goes to the bank drive in to help with their training.

Lexa said...

Hahaha I always thought that these pictures were fake, but that is so cool! I wish I have the chance to see that!

Dusty Devoe said...

Very funny!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

That is awesome! Those horses look like they are on alert, but controlling their excitement pretty well.

photogchic said...

Now that is a good get! Great pic! I once saw I guy tie his donkey to a sign outside a VFW in Missouri, but never horses in a drive thru---good stuff.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Hah! I love this! How awesome that you were able to capture it with your camera! :)

~Lisa

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oh wow! And I just clicked on your pic to make it bigger and then noticed the amazing western mural....with equine no less!

How perfect was that?!

~Lisa