Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Gigo, Scout, and I





























You know, I hardly ever have a chance to get photos of me with the horses! I'm the one who is always busy working with them and with all of them, except Quad and Cali, I simply cannot balance working them AND taking pics at the same time. That is especially true with Sunni, Gigo, and Scout. Sunni is unpredictable. The camera would go FLYING!!! Gigo is so strong and she sometimes still bolts (...sigh...) (like yesterday). Scout...well...Scout is two handfuls! NO WAY could I have a camera around my neck and work with her! But hubby was kind enough to shoot some pics yesterday, so here they are. Don't laugh. We BOTH need to lose about 40 pounds! Well, that's what his doctor told him and I figure, since we'll both be cooking, I'll tag along. It's funny how the weight just kinda creeps up on one, isn't it? No photoshop here! Darn! Anyway, I got to work with both Scout and Gigo in the arena. Let's just say that Gigo was a LOT better than Scout, who is very opinionated about everything! That's Scout in the bottom two photos! Just LOOK at that attitude! YOU BETTER GET OUTTA MY WAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhh....now it's time for my bath! Roll, roll, roll...

1 comment:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Thanks for posting these. I love photos of people working with their horses.