Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, June 15, 2009

Merced, CA ranch and cows
















Hubby and I are on our Yosemite road trip. Yesterday I made some new friends for about a nanosecond before they all responded to my "Mooooooooo" and headed for the hills! No! I mean it! I mooed at them and they all took off! What did I do wrong? Only one cow was left to stare at me! Seriously, though, there are some beautiful ranches up here and I'm busy taking pics of their BARNS! (hehe!) We drove into Yosemite valley yesterday and found the road to Fresno and got some gorgeous pics of Bridevail Falls from above. So did about 1,000 other people! I met some new friends when I parked and didn't get entirely off the road...let's see... 3 angry honks and 1 "finger" and a park ranger yelling at me from the tram! OOPS! My bad! (heheheheheh!) There are so many waterfalls in Yosemite right now that I think we've found over ten. BIG ONES, too! This morning it is back to Mariposa for breakfast, back through Yosemite, and back up to Olmstead Point and then DOWN the Tioga Pass to Lee Vining and then to South Lake Tahoe.

2 comments:

restoration42 said...

I used to live in Mariposa, my son was born there. Sounds like a fun trip and sounds like you are already having summer vacation.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

What a fun trip. I've always wanted to visit Yosemite as an adult. Did it when I was little and can't remember anything about it.

Funny about the cows, too. When I moo at them...they all moo back.
Maybe they think I'm a cow...gah!Maybe I need do go on a diet? lol!

~Lisa