Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Just stuff


It was such a beautiful day yesterday up at the ranch. It was almost cold! Even here in the desert, temps dropped! And, the clouds, like I mentioned yesterday, were gorgeous! I just did chores yesterday. I swept out the food room and my tack room. Just dumb stuff. Put SWAT on Gigondas, who finally stood still. She still has one side that she doesn't like people on. Hung out with Scout. Visited Beauty's memorial.

This morning my cousin Valerie is coming over to give Gigondas a lesson. Then, I'm driving down to San Diego for a couple of days to visit my aunt and uncle. I need to clear my head and heart.

Last night Valerie called and said a neighbor of a neighbor had a TW mare for sale, a very CALM one, so hubby and I went down with her to look at her. It's NOT that I want another horse to replace Beauty. It's just that NONE of the others are ready for riding. She was a nice mare...a palomino with 4 white socks, older, probably 12 or 13...VERY CALM...she was the family's kids' horse and now the kids are involved in other things. I dunno...I'm not sure if I'm even ready for another horse right now. Yes, that's Scout looking out over the arena. Scout doesn't whinny when I drive up to the ranch, like Beauty always did. I miss her whinny. I miss her resting her head on my shoulder. I MISS HER!!!

2 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Keep hanging in there. I wish there was something we could do to help.

Linda said...

That horse sounds wonderful! Maybe a horse that you can ride is just the thing you need right now. Did you test her out? Unfortunately, it was meant to be that Beauty pass--maybe it's to open other doors for you.