Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, December 14, 2008

A worthy cause
















Twice a month the little mountain community has a swap meet. You never know what is going to be sold there and a lot of people just put their stuff in their pickups and sell off the back of them! Some Saturdays are better than others and last weekend's was fantastic! I bought a lot of Christmas presents there for my family members ("ssshhhhhhhh", don't tell!) I thought I'd share a few pics from the last swap meet. The next one will be this coming Saturday! I always try to buy at least one thing from the horse rescue. The gal who runs it is very nice and offered to let me come visit sometime. She's about an hour away, but she and her mother drive up twice a month and sell different handmade items! I bought my daughter and Claudia each one of the little door hangers with bells! How fun!

No comments: