Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Changing of the seasons




Somebody mentioned to me the other day, "You know, we really don't have fall here. One day it's September and poof! You wake up and it's November!". I thought about that and yes, they were correct. It doesn't really cool down much in September here in our desert. October can still be hot. By mid-November, though, usually around Thanksgiving, however, things have pretty much cooled off. Then comes chilly December. All of a sudden, autumn is gone and winter sets in. Hmmmmm....something to think about. Anyway, I took these photos at the ranch. Aren't the trees pretty? I'm sure by this weekend, the leaves will all be gone.

No comments: