Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, December 8, 2008

Messy eaters!












When I arrived at the ranch Saturday, I was surprised to see what a MESS Gigondas and the two mustangs made of their alfalfa! I mean, look at the little piggies! The bottom one shows the mess that Gigondas made! Since Cathy is sick, I completely raked out her pen (except for the hay)! I gave her some of my Manuka honey, so I hope it helps her get better! Then, the two mustangs! And, it wasn't even windy! Good grief! It was COLD and windy yesterday, so I didn't take any of the horses out...I see that freezing nights are forecast for this next week. Good thing they all have their winter coats!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow. I just discovered your blog. What a perfect diversion (and very well done) for all of us horse lovers.

I noticed you were working with a tarp in one of the postings.

Have you ever heard of Rex Peterson? He is a Hollywood horse trainer--who has done nearly every major horse film (he supplies his horses) for the past 30+ years. The opening of Runaway Bride, The Horse Whisperer, Hidalgo, and many many more.

I thought of mentioning him because one of his new videos focuses on de-sensitizing horses. He doesn't use a tarp in the video (though he uses them at times).

Check out the videos at http://www.swansonpetersonproductions.com

It's good stuff. He is based in California.