Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, December 28, 2008

On to Buellton






















After our hearty breakfast in Solvang, we traveled back to Buellton. Along the way is the Monty Roberts' farm, The Flag is Up Farms. I noticed that their visiting hours are Sunday and Monday from 10-4, so I'll have to call ahead sometime and go visit them! As I hopped out of the car to take some photos, a huge horse transport van pulled slowly into the driveway. I took a couple of photos of it before it disappeared behind the gates. At least there were some friendly horses there! One of the mares came right up to the fence for a conversation!

No comments: