Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

horses in the snow







As I drove up the mountain Sunday, I saw that there was snow on the ground. Actually, it wasn't snow. It was ice. So, instead of driving right out to the ranch, which is at 4,000 feet, I drove out to Garner Valley, which is about 5,000 feet. GV has large pine trees and there are many horses ranches there. I took these pics on Sunday.

Even though it rained all day yesterday, the ranch didn't get any snow! It seems to be in a little protected area and while other areas do get snow, it doesn't! And, our snow levels are very low. I can't wait to take my camera out to work today, since this afternoon I have to drive almost down to the Salton Sea for a tour of another school!

2 comments:

Linda said...

You do a lot of driving--what a beatuiful ranch. Does it get very cold up there in winter?

Cheryl Ann said...

It's at 4,000 feet up in the mountains. Last winter they only got snow once. This winter, well, you can see...snow already in December! Another storm is on its way. Don't worry, though! The horses get excellent care!