Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Camelback




We are over in Scottsdale for the weekend. And, I awoke at 4:00 a.m. today...sigh...so I got dressed, checked out a few blogs (thank goodness for The 7 MSN!) and headed out the door by 5:00. I drove down to the Marriott Camelback Inn, parked the car down by the lobby, and walked (hiked) up to the top of the mountain behind the hotel. Phew! Guess my morning walks are REALLY paying off as I wasn't winded at all! I remember a couple of times I got so winded that I didn't even make it to the little Western town up behind the hotel. That's pretty bad. But, this morning, I had enough energy to hike up there and to take one of the trails (that is, until I LOST the trail and wound up in a bunch of cholla! ACK! I was out & about for about an hour and a half and I waited until the sun was up. My companions were quail families with teenagers running around and 1 baby quail! I saw rabbits, some real cute baby rabbits, and a noisy parrot which was loose and screaming around the hotel flower gardens! Here are some pics from this morning. Enjoy your day!

No comments: