Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Spring up at the ranch

Spring has arrived early this year.  The trees are blooming, the ravens are out, and the sycamore and maple trees are budding.  The horses are losing their winter coats, and my allergies are kicking in!  OYE!  But, it is indeed a beautiful time...

 The lupines are blooming along Highway 74

 Blossoms...the trees were FULL of bees!

 The sycamore trees are budding.
 The ravens were out for a flight.

This is one of the blooming trees.  I believe it is a flowering plum.

2 comments:

sandy said...

beautiful photos! We are having spring like weather up here - I'm loving it and can hardly stay inside.

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Yup. I'm missing the flowering plum tree at my old house.