Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, February 22, 2016

Busy Sunday!

I drove up to the ranch yesterday...FINALLY!  It had been a month since I'd visited the horses.  I don't worry about them, however, as they are in good hands.

First, I took Gigondas over to the large fenced corral so she could run.  All she did was roll and eat weeds...sigh...

Then I took Sunni down to the arena.  He ran and rolled and rolled and rolled and ran some more!  Finally, when he was done, I took Scout down there.  She waited patiently at her gate and didn't drag me at all!  She did try to run off right away, but I made her stand until I told her she could go.  She's come a LONG WAY!

I went up to the round pen and brushed Quad.  I think he's a little thin, so I'm going to order some CocoSoya oil for him.  It's hard for him to keep weight on.

They were all well behaved and it was a gorgeous day up at the ranch.

Here are some pictures:

 Sunni exercising

 Pretty Gigondas.  She has really softened up in the last year.  She knows she is safe.

 Goofy Scout.
I only have a couple of cell phone photos of Quad.  He wouldn't get out of my face!  I'll have to save them to my computer and then upload them.  He was eager for company.

No comments: