Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Living Desert

Hubby is working this weekend so Saturday morning I decided to drive up to the Living Desert Reserve and walk around before the crowds came.  As a member, I can get in early.  It was so nice and quiet there.  A few people were doing early morning walks and some of the animals were having their enclosures cleaned.  I got to spend some time near the mountain lion exhibit.  I always enjoy seeing her.

By the time I was done, I was sweating!  Phew!  It got hot quite soon yesterday.  I'm glad I got out and walked around for about an hour.  I used to do this after school, but then they changed our dismissal time and now I would have to rush to get there before 4 p.m.  I could do it, but I'd be so tired that I wouldn't enjoy it.

I sure enjoyed it Saturday morning, however!!!

 Mr. Badger was out and not sleeping!

 Brittlebrush are blooming...
Old palo verde tree

No comments: