Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

More from just around the yard...


I didn't go anywhere or do anything last weekend, so here are more pics just from around my yard.

It was cold & windy here over the weekend, with sprinkles again.  Yesterday, however, it was 93 degrees and it is expected to be 99 by Thursday.  Ugh.  That means we may have to turn on the air conditioner (DREAD!)...

My sweet peas are KAPUT.  They didn't have a chance this year, with all the heat.  But, my daisies are doing quite well!  They LOVE the heat!

 Some of my cosmos.
 Two of the hummingbird feeders out front.  I have 2 males and 1 female who come to visit.

Bird feeders out front.  See all the trees we have?  They keep the south side of the house shaded!

2 comments:

Grandma C said...

My kind of yard... lots of flowers.
Beautiful!

lisa said...

I am just looking forward to 70 degree weather, can't imagine having the 90's. I think one of my favorites is the hummingbirds.