Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

On to Las Vegas! Part 1

Hubby gets to spend 2 nights in Las Vegas for a trade show, so I got to tag along.  We left Monday morning.  I wanted to go through Oatman, AZ and see the burros there in town.  They wander up and down the main street begging for food and attention!  Then, we angled up through Bullhead City, Henderson, and finally Las Vegas.
 Along the Colorado River...
 Parker Dam...
 The wildlife preserve above Parker Dam...
 You know you are near Oatman when you see this sign!  
 Friendly burro.


I'm not sure, but I think Oatman has more burros than cars!

1 comment:

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Hmmmm. Now I know how to improve the economy for a town or city. Let wild animals roam. Hee hee hee. I wonder if they have a full-time staff to handle all the poop on Main Street.