Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Time to move on...

My trainer and I have parted company.  I can't see where any of the horses have made ANY progress last year.  Same old, same old.  No forward progress...sigh... And, REALLY, how much could she do in 2 hours with 5 horses?  One horse always got neglected. So, she and I have parted ways.

Now what?  HA!  My Saturdays are now filled with either errands or soccer games with the grandson, although this Saturday, our daughter is having a garage sale/yard sale in her complex.  They only do two a year, so I'm taking some boots and books and going over there.  Hubby is driving out to the soccer game.  Soccer with 5 year olds should be interesting, right?  I'm hoping he will take photos.

School is...well, it's school.  Kids don't want to be there, don't want to learn, don't want to do any work...same old.  They ONLY want to be on their iPad, and then they flit from app to app.  So, now I have a new rule:  YOU MUST BE ON THE APP I TELL YOU TO BE ON and if you aren't, you are DONE for the day!  Really!!!

Am looking forward to the weekend.  Only 6 more weeks until a 3 day weekend in November, then a couple more weeks until Thanksgiving!

I enjoy sitting at my laptop and watching the birds come to the hummingbird feeder.  These little ones come more than the hummingbirds!

4 comments:

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Did your trainer ever ride any of your horses or was it all groundwork? I should send my trainer your way, he could tame a wild mustang and be riding it in one weekend.

Grandma C said...

Beautiful bird shot. Humming birds are so much fun to watch.

Cheryl Ann said...

She only ever rode one of them, the same horse I ride...Lucille. Oh, yes, PLEASE send me your trainer! I'm sure Scout would adore him!
Cheryl

DesertHen said...

It is really hard to find good trainers that will spend time with each horse and work with them on their individual needs! I hope you find a new one soon that will work well for all of your beautiful horses!

What a sweet bird photo!