Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Had a good visit with the horses yesterday!

I had a good visit with the horses yesterday.  Unfortunately, when I got my camera out, I tried to take a photo and, alas, my battery was shot!  So, I put it away.

I took Gigondas down to the arena for some lunging and a romp.  She did very well.  I'm teaching her "stay" as well as "come".  She waited at the gate when she was done.  I took her for a walk around the ranch, but it was quite breezy and she startled when she saw some birds land near her.

Quad was next.  I wanted him to get out and let his gas out and he did!  I'd stopped at the feed store and I bought 5 bags of pellets, so I unloaded them.  I didn't take him for a walk, but my plan is to now take the horses for a walk around the ranch so I can better relate to them and them to me.  Unfortunately, with the breeze blowing leaves all over, I didn't even try to take out Sunni.  Maybe today.

Oh, and Cathy and I found a large snake skin over by the hay stack.  We don't know what kind of snake it is...any ideas?






No comments: