Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Garage sale results

We got set up by 7:15 or so yesterday morning and we were pretty much DONE by 9:30, although I did have a last minute sale of some bars of scented soap!  I only made $35.00 the entire time.  It was pretty disappointing and people haggled over every purchase!  I managed to sell a couple of jackets, some childrens' books, and a large wooden cutout of a horse ($5.00)...sigh...most items went for $0.50 and then they grumbled.  I sold two jackets for $2.00 each...The horse was the most expensive items I sold all morning.

By 9:30, it was HOT.  And, I mean HOTTTTTTTTT!!!  It was 105 here yesterday and by 10:30, I was on the verge of heat exhaustion.  I went inside, drank two glasses of water, and passed out on our daughter's couch for an hour.  I was D.O.N.E.

Maybe their next one, in March, will be cooler?  HOPEFULLY!   :-)  I did manage to run over to Whole Foods and buy chicken salad and a superfoods salad for lunch and hubby ran over there to buy chicken kabobs for dinner!   ;-)

I haven't seen the hawk in our yard, but while talking to a neighbor 2 houses down, he mentioned that he stops in his back yard almost daily.  And, he has 3 birdbaths to choose from, not just my homemade one!  WELL!  Hmmpppffff!  He IS in the neighborhood because I heard him yesterday morning and I saw him one morning up on our telephone pole in the back yard.  But, by the time I grabbed my camera, he was gone.

No comments: