Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Scout and Cali's new neighbors


Scout and Cali have new neighbors.  The two black horses now live in Murietta.  Their owner saved and saved and scrimped and scrimped and was able to buy a ranch there for her horses.  That's wonderful news!  I hadn't seen her EVER in nearly two years.    Those were wonderful horses and I'm so happy that she is near them 24/7 now....sigh...someday I'll have my own ranch, too.  So, the ranch owner moved two of her very quiet mares next to Scout and Cali.  (Remember, the black gelding was pulling Cali's fly mask off during the summer.)  He was super friendly and I really miss him already.  But, Scout has attached herself to one of the mares and thinks the mare is her momma!  She hangs out at the fence near her.  She reaches her neck over toward her.  Who would have thought Scout wanted a momma?  And, Scout is a lot quieter now (THANK GOODNESS!) Aren't these beautiful Peruvian Paso mares?  Here are some pics from yesterday.  I didn't get up there until about 10:00 and it was HOT, HOT, HOT again.  I just petted everyone and gave them their noon meal, and drove home and stayed inside all afternoon.  I don't know how hot it was here, but it was HUMID, too!  Ugh!

No comments: