Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Sunflowers~Mellow Yellow Monday, 020810







Well, since I have NO new pics of the herd, I thought today I'd feature my sunflowers. Here they are after our most recent rain this weekend. It rained and snowed all day Saturday, so I stayed home in the desert. And, Sunday, with fresh snow on the roads, I stayed home. I'm a BAD horse mom, I know! Honestly, I just didn't have the energy to fight the snow, fight the weather, and fight the mountain road this weekend. My energy level is very low right now and I'm fighting a sore throat. Mellow Yellow for Monday, February 8, 2010. And, we could get more rain Tuesday.

7 comments:

Coffeedoff said...

Beautiful sunflowers

Stephanie V said...

Oh, lovely sunflowers! Lucky you to have them now.

lisa said...

I heard about the rain, ugh, I hope you are away from the threat of mud slides. You have a good day and I love the sunflower.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful sunflowers, one of my favorite flowers.

Linnea said...

Amazing to see such gorgeous sunflowers this time of year! Yeah...lots of rain and more to come...at least up here in the San Fran Bay Area.

Irene said...

It seems we are all anxious for a little sunflower this week, this is the second or third post with sunflowers. Hope you feel better, just coming out of those sick feelings myself. Happy Mellow Yellow.

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

I popped over to visit my horses on Saturday and there were 5 bull moose in the meadow behind their pasture. The horsies were freaking out!

Feel better.