Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sierras, June 2009




I found some photos of our trip to the Sierras in June 2009. This was going up the Tioga Pass side. If you have never driven up the Tioga Pass...well...it is an experience! It's a tremendous climb. By the time we got to the top of the pass, it was sleeting! In JUNE! We've done it twice now...once with a Nissan Murano, which took it with no problem, and once with my little Honda CRV, which also had no problem. The Murano had more power, but my Honda gets better gas mileage! I absolutely LOVE my CRV. We can pack all our camera equipment, luggage, outdoor clothes, and still have room in the back seats. Tomorrow we head out to Lone Pine and the Alabama Hills.

No comments: