Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ranch~Lone Pine


After hubby and I stopped in Lone Pine, on our way home Sunday, I spied a pasture full of mules and horses (again). So, we turned off Highway 395 to investigate. Further up the road, we saw this barn and pasture, which wasn't far from the mules and horses. Now, if I had a million dollars, I'd be tempted to buy this one! Just look at the background mountains! And, the pasture there had a stream running through it and plenty of grass for the horses! The owner came out to check on things in his golf cart. I really liked this ranch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous setting! Those mountains are breathtaking!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful mountain shot!