Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Saturdays!




I LOVE Saturdays! Especially the first and third Saturdays of the month! That is when the little mountain town has its SWAP MEET! Yeah! I'm so excited....I can hardly sit still! And, with the Labor Day weekend, who knows what "treasures" I'll find this weekend! Let's see...so far, at the swap meet, I've found kids' books for 10 cents EACH (brand new), fresh organic produce (I might even post some pics later this afternoon), halters for $3.00 each, some nice wrought iron horses (I'll get pics later), blankets, tools, crocheted blankets (now that I'm going to be a GRANDMOTHER!) (Oh, I didn't tell you? tee hee...Yes, I'm going to be a grandma in MARCH, 2009!)...that's a whole OTHER story....back to the swap meet, oh....and PUPPIES! YES! We came home with one, a black lab, last October. She is now spayed and as playful as ever! Yes, that's Ripley in the pics. So, you can see why I can't wait for the swap meet this morning! And, everything there is CHEAP! So, I'm going to finish my morning coffee and head out the door! See 'ya!

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Congratulations, grandma! How exciting!