Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Foiled by Mother Nature




Ha! Never mess with Mother Nature! That flash of light that I saw out of the corner of my eye at 4:30 a.m. turned out to be an approaching thunderstorm! BOOM! Then I heard the thunder...then...I wondered why everything out back was WET! DUH! By 6:30 a.m., we were in the middle of a sound and light show! Well, at least all the plants are getting a nice drink of rain water. My gray cat has disappeared, however, and I am worried about him. I didn't see him yesterday afternoon when I got home from school, or last night, or this morning. He's an older neutered male cat that was given to our daughter when one of her students' families moved to a house where they couldn't have pets. OF COURSE, she immediately brought him over to us. We fell in love with "Mr. Gray". He is a very docile and loving cat who NEVER leaves the yard. I am worried because (1) sometimes coyotes DO come into our neighborhood; (2) sometimes animal control DOES pick up cats in our neighborhood; (3) sometimes our neighbors DO pick up our cats and "keep" them. I went out calling him between raindrops. No Mr. Gray. Not even a peep. I am hoping he is holed up somewhere. Needless to say, I am now stuck at home for the day, so I'll update all my blogs and my playlists and do the dishes!
Hey, if 'ya all have a minute, could you please check out my desert gardening blog at:
http://desertgardening-ps.blogspot.com/? This is my newest blog and apparently only 2 people have ever seen it and I'm feeling VERY LONELY over there! (Can you tell I'm getting bored here at home?) THANKS MUCH!

No comments: