Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, August 3, 2008

new horse pics











You know, I hardly EVER get pics of our horses together. Beauty is now off with my cousin, Valerie, for her final training, so we moved Sunni out of the corral with the 2 mustangs into her pen. He just wasn't getting his share of food (little piggie mustangs)! Anyway, one morning I just decided to let the three of them out in the arena and PLAY! You can see Scout's reaction! WHEEeeeeeeeee! Cali, of course, chose to stay with me. Sunni was glad to get out and run! Then they all proceeded to eat weeds!

3 comments:

Linda said...

That's great--those mustangs do hog the food. I've never seen horses take eating so serious--like it's their last meal. :)

arlene said...

Lovely pictures! It's good to see horses having fun like that.

Sage said...

thanks for commenting on the PMU mares. Such a horrible life they have.
We seem to have so much in common, Nevada Barr is one of my favorite authors, and I love the movie Last of the Dogmen as well as the fact that we each have 5 horses 3 dogs, and I have 3 cats right now. Course any of that could change any time. Take care.