Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, September 7, 2013

More thunderstorms!

Well, I made it through the week!  :-)  And, today, our daughter is going with me to the Palm Springs certified organic farmers' market!  I CAN'T WAIT!  AND...I am going to buy my Vitamix today.  Remember those classes I attended over the summer?  Well, I got an extra paycheck for attending and I'm going to use it to buy the Vitamix at COSTCO.  YES!  Hope, aren't you proud of me?  I can't wait to make my OWN green smoothies!  I'm hoping that they will help my immune system.

It rained again yesterday afternoon as I was driving home from school and I took these photos.  We have had thunderstorms and rain now for 4 straight days and the desert and washes and mountains are all saturated.  The washes are constantly full of runoff water, especially from the big fire burn area.  The water is black from all the ash.  Ugh.  Not a pretty sight.  The clouds are pretty, but the humidity is...OYE VEI!  And, thunderstorms are scheduled until next Wednesday, EVERY DAY!!!


No comments: