Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Farmers market and I bought a VITAMIX

Yesterday, for the first time, I went to the Palm Springs certified organic farmers' market.  What a treat!  Flowers, produce, honey, soap, dates, sprouts, bread...It was amazing!  There were a lot of older people there with their bags, enjoying all the fresh and pesticide-free produce!  There will be one here in Palm Desert starting in October, but it is on a Wednesday morning!~ SAY WHAT?  I won't be able to make it there...sigh...There's also one in La Quinta starting in October on Sunday morning, so I might drive down to that one.  I bought a shot of fresh wheatgrass, some sunflower sprouts, and a bar of goat milk (vanilla).  Our daughter drove us and she bought fresh basil, some honey, and a couple of other items.  She sliced some tomatoes for dinner last night, put a slice of mozarella cheese on the tomatoes, and a basil leaf, and drizzled them with balsamic vinegar.  YUMMO!  (and a pinch of salt and pepper)...Anyway, here are a few pics from the farmers' market.



No comments: