Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, September 23, 2013

Busy weekend

I called up my trainer and asked if she could come over to the horse ranch on Saturday, since she usually comes on Tuesdays.  She was able to switch a couple things around on her schedule and out she came!  I also wanted to ride Lucille, so we were able to work that in, also.  It was a beautiful fall day...the wind was a slight breeze and leaves were blowing.  NONE of the horses spooked!  Their ground manners are very good now, I must say!  And, Sunni is now standing quietly (but nervously) at the tie rack.  He has broken two halters while tied and we are SLOWLY easing him back to being comfortable there....It is a LONG, SLOW process with lots of pats and nice words.  He still has a wary eye and doesn't cock his leg...I don't know WHAT is his problem!!! ???

I took more pics of the hummingbirds up at the ranch, since there are so many of them.  It was nice to have a pleasant, cool morning up there!




No comments: