Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, November 26, 2012

Red leaves

Hubby slept in yesterday morning, so I headed up to the horse ranch where I board my horses.  It is up at 4,000 feet in our local San Jacinto mountains.  I always enjoy the ride up there because I never know what I'll see or find.  Yesterday I drove through Garner Valley and was excited to see that all the cottonwoods were beautiful shades of yellow and orange.  And, this tree at the ranch was red.  It seems kind of late to finally see the red leaves as it is almost December.