Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Just some pics from the week




I can't believe my vacation is coming to an end and I'll be back at school tomorrow...sigh...WHY do days off go so quickly?  We spent 4 days up in nearby Idyllwild (3 nights), then Wednesday with our daughter and son-in-law, Thursday with them also, and Friday with our son (he had to work Thursday).  Yesterday I cleaned up the house and yard and today I'm running up to see the horses. We've had perfect weather this week...in the 80's here in the desert with no clouds, but I see that is ending soon and clouds will return and thus lower temps.  I haven't taken many photos this week...I took a few up in Idyllwild and I'll post them here.  The first one shows the view from the cabin where we stayed, the second one shows Tahquitz Peak, and the last two show the inside of the lodge.  We always rent a separate cabin up there.  They do allow dogs, so we took our German Shepherd with us.  She has wonderful manners.  She's the one I rehomed.  She's 6 years old and perfectly trained!  She is a pleasure to have!