Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

A view of the windmills



There are only a couple of spots where I can look down and see the Palm Springs area windmills.  There's one brief glance from the road (you can see the road in the top photo), but it is very fleeting.  So, last weekend, I pulled off the road and did a little traveling up a road to some homes which look over the Coachella Valley called Spring Crest.  One can drive up the paved roads there and get a good look at the valley floor below.  And, on a clear day, you can almost see forever!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How do you feel about the windmills being there?
We have them all over WY, with mixed emotions from the locals.
Everyone wants to get away from fossil fuels, and coal, but not if it requires giving up a little bit of view. They are having a hard time finding some middle ground I guess.
I don't mind them at all.

cheyenne jones said...

I thought we had a lot!....There is a big uproar about them over here, seems common sense might yet prevail!

Cheryl Ann said...

You know, I really don't mind them either. Yes, they obstruct the view, but, to me, they have their own interesting focus...AND they do provide us with extra power!