Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Why I love the desert~SkyWatch Friday~050412

Look, I admit it.  I don't ALWAYS love the desert.  I especially don't love it in July and August...sigh...I don't love it when I have to run the air conditioner straight 24/7 for 4 months of the year because of the heat.  I don't love it when I go fo my morning walk at 6:30 a.m. and it is already 80 degrees.  But, on mornings like this, I LOVE the desert!  SkyWatch Friday for May 4, 2012.  That's looking up at the Santa Rosa mountains, south of Palm Desert, CA.  In the summer months, monsoon clouds will come up and over those mountains and we'll get most of our yearly rain.  Thunderheads will gather, but that's still a long time away.  To visit SWF, please go  to this link:   http://skyley.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

AmberRose- Girl With a Dream said...

LOVE this picture, wish I lived somewhere like this where I could get amazing views!