Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, May 7, 2012

"Q" is for "quirky"~ABC Wednesday 050812



We have a scrub jay who now inhabits our neighborhood and it is the third year of his residency near us.  He SHOULD be up in the pinyon forest, which is on the highway, along the way to where I board my horses up in our local mountains.  I've never, in almost 3 years, been able to capture a blue jay with my camera until this past weekend.  Hubby and I were out for a walk in an area nearby the horses, but further up the mountains.  It's a quiet and peaceful place and one jay just kept following us and hounding us.  You know how jays are!  They are inquisitive and noisy!  Finally, this fella landed in a tree and posed long enough for me to photograph him and then, in a blur, he was GONE!  ABC Wednesday for May 9, 2012.  To visit ABC Wednesday, please go to this link:   http://abcwednesday-mrsnesbitt.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Chubskulit Rose said...

And they are quick!

Come and take my Dementia Quiz
Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

Gattina said...

Lol ! cute and quirky !
Gattina
ABC Team

Roger Owen Green said...

You ABCW folks are so quirky!

ROG, ABC Wednesday team