Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Nothing like a long sip of water!~~Cali


I filled up the mustangs' water trough Saturday and after I brought Cali back from the round pen, she headed straight toward it.  She LOVES water and she used to stand in the water trough!  Scout, er....not so much!  She doesn't like water and she doesn't like to be sprayed with my homemade fly spray.  It's been HOT here in the desert...107 degrees already in May a couple of days this week, so it's probably been up into the 90's up in the mountains where the horses are.  It's just too early for this kind of heat and everybody is exhausted and cranky!  I'm ready for some horse time this weekend!

2 comments:

RoeH said...

And I hear people say global warming doesn't exist. Right!

Margaret said...

Yes, the heat is what is turning me into a morning person! :)