Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Some pretty desert sunrises



You know, I don't often post items on here about the desert or our local mountains because I have two other blogs which showcase those photos (http://rav4adventures.blogspot.com and http://desertsandbeyond.blogspot.com).  But, every once in a while, we get absolutely outstanding sunrises.  We don't get many gorgeous sunsets because we have the 10,000 foot Mt. San Jacinto blocking the setting sun in the west and frankly, we don't often get the right kinds of clouds to make a beautiful sunset.  However, mornings here in the desert, especially when I have palm trees in the frame, can be spectacular and breathtaking, like these.  I took these pics one morning as I was out doing my morning walk.  I'm now doing about 30-45 or even an hour's walk (like this morning)...I love getting out in the morning, before school, and having some time with nature's wonders.

1 comment:

Barb said...

gorgeous sunrises, Cheryl.