Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, February 11, 2008

My day with Cali






Well, it SURE is nice having a day off school! A WHOLE day to spend with my horses! YEAH!


So, I cleaned out their corral, brushed them, and then decided to take Cali down to the arena. She needed to run around and kick up her heels! I took her over to the ties and brushed her some more. Then, I took her through the double ties and over the rubber mats! Ooooohhhhh lalala!!~something new! She did very well! The rubber mats didn't seem to bother her. So, down to the arena we went!


I let her go and she ran off, kicked up her heels, rolled in the dirt, and had a great time! She actually seemed to enjoy the arena (she usually just stands around and lollygags)! See the pictures of her running? It is so good to see her have SOME ENERGY!

No comments: