Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

More Arcadia photos!






Let's see....the first one is of the barns at Santa Anita. We went on the "Seabiscuit tour" three times. Heck, my grandfather used to wander around there when the great Seabiscuit was really AT Santa Anita! I used to go there as a kid when my great-uncle, Earl, was a trainer. Now 'ya gotta take the tour. Hmmmmm..... Anyway, I digress. The next one is the fountain and pretty flowers. I always enjoy going back to Santa Anita and seeing the horses! These two were out being schooled. Oh, and the peacock? No. There aren't any at Santa Anita, but they ARE right across the street, in the "Rancho" home area, where I grew up. We used to get peacocks in our yard all the time! I used to feed them as a kid. Isn't he pretty?

4 comments:

jacie said...

enjoyed your horse pictures
& stories. Own horses &
live in Oregon high desert
country, we get cold
temps & some snow. Horses
are such great animals.

Cheryl Ann said...

Why, thank you! I have a lot of photos on my computer that I need to go through! Hubby and I take our cameras EVERYWHERE! Where is the high desert country in Oregon?

Beth said...

Love the pics! Race horses are so incredibly beautiful. I was stunned at how different the backside of the race track was. It was distrubing.

Molly said...

Hi Sundancer,
Thanks for the comment on my blog a few posts ago. It's really nice to meet you. I'd love to learn more about your boarding situation in the mountains above the California desert? I am guessing.