Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, February 7, 2021

Garden started!

 Well, my spring vegetable garden is started.   I have 5 tomatoes, 4 peppers, 2 basil, and some lavender and alyssum (to attract bees) in it.   I made it in the old dog kennel cage so he can't get it and dig it all up!   Ha, ha!   We got a nice 2 days of rain a couple of weeks ago and all my sunflower seeds are now coming up.   I already have some nice sunflowers, but I need to go out and pull up all the grass around them.   Yes, the grass sprouted, too...sigh...

We just stay home, read books, watch TV, and I get out every morning now and work in my garden for about 45 minutes to an hour.   LOTS of weeds are coming up and if I don't keep them down, they will take over everything!

That's Bodie "helping" me out in the back yard!



No comments: