Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, February 27, 2021

2nd COVID vaccine shot nearly did me in!

 We all got our 2nd Moderna covid shot on Thursday.   I awoke at 3 a.m. Friday with severe chills that 4 blankets didn't help.   I staggered out into the living room (where it is warmer) and sat in my chair for the rest of the morning.  It was a LONG morning...headache, body aches and the chills.   Finally, 12 hours later, the chills were gone, but I still had the headache and body aches.   I ate nothing that day.   Hubby did bring me a cup of coffee, which was nice.  I basically slept on and off for 36 hours.   This morning, however, I'm back to normal.  I went out and fed the birds, cleaned and refilled the hummingbird feeders, and watered out front.   So far, NONE of my sunflowers, black eyed Susans, cosmos, and marigolds have sprouted.   NONE!   We haven't had any rain since...??? (I don't even remember).   I did set up a sunflower circle out back, but nothing has sprouted there either.   I'm going out today and turn on a portable sprinkler and hopefully they will sprout in the warm weather next week.   We'll see...

Stay safe and stay healthy!

Cheryl Ann

2 comments:

aurora said...

Yikes! That does not sound like fun. Can I ask how long it was between your first and second shot?

Cheryl Ann said...

It was 5 weeks between our 1st and 2nd shots.