Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, May 18, 2015

Horse visit Sunday

I had a good visit with the herd yesterday.  It was extremely muddy up at the ranch so I didn't take any of them out...just too slippery!  In fact, I slipped in Gigo's corral as I was brushing her.  I brushed them all.  They are all filthy, but more rain is forecast over the holiday weekend.  Rain is a good thing, and California desperately needs it, so I'm not going to complain.

I brushed them all.  Scout and Quad didn't have much loose hair, but Lucille...OYE VEI!  She's a woolly mammoth!  Poor thing.  I hadn't been up there in 3 weekends and it showed!  So, I brushed and brushed her while she ate a snake of pellets.  She's such a GOOD GIRL!  Sunni and Gigondas had quite a bit of hair come off, but nothing like Lucille!

It was a beautiful day up at the ranch.  The roses are blooming, the hummingbirds were at the feeders, clouds were gathering over the mountains...it was a great day for a drive!  I'm glad I had the energy to do so!

 Scout couldn't be bothered by my brushing.  She was too busy eating!
 Quad was more interested in extra food than anything else!
 This is AFTER I brushed out Lucille!
After brushing her (again)...

No comments: