Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, October 18, 2020

Visit to the horses today

 I HAD to go up for a visit to the horses today.   I start my 2 weeks with the second grader, Miss Ellie tomorrow and I'll be too EXHAUSTED every day to do so.   I needed to put some medicine on Quad's two back hooves because he has a fungal infection.   So, off I went this morning after going to COSTCO on Friday to have my tire pressure checked.   GOOD THING I WENT!   ALL my tires were about 7 pounds low!   I haven't been driving my own car much.   It's just been sitting in the driveway.   And, I filled her up with gas, so away we went.

It was a pleasant drive up, but with a LOT of traffic.   And, with traffic comes impatient drivers.   I think I pulled over into turnouts about 4x.

The horses are all doing fine and are getting their winter coats.  It's amazing to watch (and feel) their coats coming in.   I managed to brush all of them, so I got a good feel as to their coats.

The leaves are just starting to turn on the sycamores and maples up there...still a little early.

Here are some photos of the horses:

Quad.   He has bandages on his front feet from an abscess.   But, he is now able to run and buck and chase his girlfriend up and down the fence.

Quad and his girlfriend.   He has managed to eat half of her tail!
My pretty chestnut thoroughbred mare, Gigondas.   She came up for some loving and a nice brushing today.

I brushed all the horses, so I know that their winter coats are coming in.   I was too tired to take photos of Sunni and Scout.   Maybe next time.
XOXOXOXO
Cheryl


No comments: