Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Anza and Aguanga



When hubby and I visit our son and his family in Temecula, we travel through Anza and Aguanga.  Neither one is a large town.  Anza has a post office, a store, a hardware store, a Dairy Queen, and some small businesses.  Aguanga has... a post office and one store.

However, the scenery is absolutely beautiful as one travels down Highway 79.  I can't wait for fall, when the cottonwoods turn yellow.  The road winds through some badlands, but along the way is the metal sculpture garden.  I don't always stop there, but I always enjoy it when I do.  And, now Temecula will have a certified farmers' market every Tuesday, so that sounds like a good day to be in Temecula, eh?

No comments: