Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, February 8, 2015

lavender in my garden

I'm not going up to the horses until tomorrow (day off...) Saturday I just stayed in my pajamas ALL DAY.  ...sigh... I so look forward to the weekends and then Saturday I'm too pooped to go anywhere or DO anything.  I didn't even drive over to Whole Foods and buy lunch.  Instead, I had a two day old box of celery, cabbage, green onions, and other raw stuff that I purchased at their salad bar on Thursday afternoon.  Yes, that's how tired I was yesterday!  I did manage to water all my seeds that I planted last week and weed the area by my sweet peas.  YES!  I have sweet peas again this year.  I forced myself to go out and plant them during winter break and now I'm glad I did.  I'll have some nice color soon.

I do have about 3 or 4 lavender plants in my front yard that I bought at Lowe's.  They are blooming nicely and the bees and hummingbirds really enjoy them.  I love going out with my camera and taking photos of them in the early morning or late afternoon light, so here they are.





No comments: