Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Why I've been AWOL

Well, the baby had to go back to the hospital for treatment of severe jaundice, so she was there for 4 days...Grandpa and I got recruited for babysitting the 5 year old.  I drove him to school Friday (I had to take the day off) and picked him up at his half-day kindergarten.  Then, home to play with my iPad.  Then, I had to drive to pick up the 20 month old from day care, so I just brought her to play with her cousin, and fortunately the two of them wore each other out!  They were asleep by 7 p.m.!  YEAH!  Score one for Grandma!

Saturday morning Gpa and I took him to the Living Desert, then to Palm Springs to spend the afternoon with his parents.  They actually kept him overnight (not in the hospital)...The hospital has some villas for parents with babies in the NICU.  I drove home this morning to do the dishes and laundry, feed the dog and cats and birds.  Damn dog scratched through the wooden gate and greeted me at the side gate...the one that goes out to the street!  So, over winter break, we'll have to get the gate fixed AGAIN!!! (3rd time)...

I'm going to school tomorrow to rest!

We had stormy skies here Friday and we got about 1/10" of rain.


No comments: