Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Weekend in Idyllwild

It was our daughter's 36th birthday last week and she rented a 2 bedroom cabin in Idyllwild and invited us to come share it with her and her family, so off we went.  I mean, the alternative was to stay in the desert, in 113 degree heat!  However, the desert DID have a downpour Friday, which we completely missed!  The cabin also had a spa, which we ALL enjoyed, and the fresh mountain air did us ALL some good.  We all relaxed.  Hubby ran around in his shorts and a Hawaiian shirt.  I read two novels.  Our daughter got some long-needed sleep (she has a 16 month old...).  We cooked our meals there and ate outside on the deck.  I fed blue jays and squirrels and watched rabbits come out in the early morning.  I took their dog on long walks.  It was wonderful!   :-)







1 comment:

DeniseinVA said...

Sweet photos and sounds like a great weekend with your family.