Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The horses all get a trim

The horses all got a trim and Lucille got new shoes Sunday.  I thought I was early and arrived at the ranch at 9:30, but the farrier was there at 7:30 a.m.!!!  He was putting Lucille's new shoes on when I arrived.  Poor girl...for years her feet were neglected, but now, after a year with the shoer, they look very nice!  And, she's getting Bermuda pellets, timothy pellets, and a supplement, too.  She's looking good and she even has dapples!  Plus, she gets an hour with my trainer once a week and turnout twice a week.  What a difference from being in her corral 24/7/365!

Even Sunni was good for the farrier.  He didn't move a muscle (again)...I'm glad he trusts him.  Scout was a little difficult to catch, but then she, too, stood still.  Quad and Gigondas were fine..."ho hum"...
 Lucille getting her new shoes.
 Then she got a turnout in the arena.  Just LOOK at her tail!
 Gigondas is always a good girl!
 Quad is a pro!

No comments: